Integration Error?

Thanks for your investigation, however that does not adequately explain what’s happening.

Try adding any other number except its contrapositive and it will correctly evaluate the integral - the evaluation is precise.

So while interesting, and perhaps revealing, I am not subsequently adding the contrapositive to test for zero-ness(which matters a lot in this context), simply taking the graph’s evaluation and placing it in the note - the values do not agree.

For ill-behaved functions the phenomenon you’re talking about can happen, when attempting to sum to zero, but that’s not what’s going on here.

This function is simply composed of linear segments - in fact I’ve used this exact method for linear piece-wise integrand functions many times without issues, so I’m curious what is really going on here.

edit:
I completely agree that there’s a rounding issue(the reason the post is here at all!) but my main questions are:
a) Why this happens at all for a linear function, as i’ve used this method many times before with no problems until now
b) Why Desmos does not share consistent values between components(if value errors occur, I expect them to occur consistently)

Thanks!