Screen "wiggle" in dashboard

Something’s not working the way it seems like it should.

When I … I look at a student’s work on a slide when the feedback sidebar is open

I saw … only the slide content flicker left to right.

But I expected … it to not give me a seizure (sarcasm).

Here’s the link to the page, dashboard, or activity: Transforming Square and Cube Root Functions (Part 2) • Activity Builder by Desmos

And here are some screenshots or a video:

That issue sounds like the content is resizing so a scrollbar is necessary to view the components, but the addition of the scrollbar width sometimes shrinks the components enough so they actually fit on the screen if your screen is just the right size, so the scrollbar goes away. Does the issue persist if you resize your screen?

I can’t seem to replicate it again, even with the same student on the same slide. I think I recall it both in full screen and minimized, but I’m actually not certain.

I had a student complain about the same issue today with the Transformation Golf: Rigid Transformations. He said his computer was “freaking out”, and said it was just the Desmos activity, nothing else about his computer. My issue was in Firefox. He is probably using Chrome on a school issued Chromebook.

Did he try resizing his screen? This sounds like the same thing and will pop up if your screen is (im)perfectly sized so that the scroll bar is needed when its not there and not needed when it is. The components don’t quite fit on the screen so we introduce a scroll bar, but that resizes the components just enough so that we no longer need the scroll bar. But once the scroll bar goes away the components are resized and the scroll bar is needed again…

Okay, I understand. I have a fix then. Thanks.