Evaluating two functions to the same number but CL doesn't say they match

I’m trying to create a “check” for a multi-variable equation.

I have the right-side of the math input through parseEquation and create a function to evaluate at three values. I also have another function that is the “answer” function also evaluating at three values.

When each evaluateAt runs, I get the same number for both functions but when I try to set them equal the coding says they aren’t. I tried putting them in numericalValue but that just made things worse. Any help.

https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/600f09a41f9ab431aea1d271

The original teacher who made the slide created all the iterations of the answer to check against while I want to have just one function to check against.

Seems to be working to me. I added a component name to the feedback note with the function evaluations. Then, I used note.script.correct in the correct sink for Input5, and it gives a checkmark on the dashboard.

Thanks - after stepping away and eating lunch I came back and realized I commented out the first line of the when-otherwise code that would prompt the “correct” text when the values match.

As soon as I uncommented that out it was working. That was a little coding error that had a big impact I overlooked.