Rotation action button

I would like to create a button that action a rotation of one figure to its rightful place. I am struggling to see if I can do this. I have watched video after video and I have not been able to figure it out.

the graph from slide 1 should be copied to slide 2 so that the students can see if their points lie on the vertex of the rotation.

I checked your activity but it is blank. Do you have an updated link to look at?

In the meantime, you may want to check this activity I made - it has templates for each transformation along with repeated practice screens. Maybe there is something here that will fit with what you’re trying to do. Transforming Polygons (templates, repeated practice, visualizers) • Activity Builder by Desmos

Thank you, Turns out I never hit publish. I did now. I will look through your links, thank you!

Dan, I did look at your page, That will help me with another problem I was having, but I was looking more for a button that will actually preform and show the rotation on screen not just where the figure lands. Do you know if that’s possible?

Yes, but if you are not using the Geometry tools, it takes a bit of work, since you need to use the rotation functions and create an animation. I actually do that in my slides - once they enter their answer it animates to show if it is correct. I adapted that code into your slide here - I think this is what you are asking for: [Copy of] G8 L2S3 - graphing rotations • Activity Builder by Desmos

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you again. I was looking for the code you used so I can adapt it and apply it to other sides but I do not see anything I can do that with. Is it stored somewhere I am not thinking to look?

It’s not really code per se, its mathematically calculated within the graph component. The only CL that is used is connecting the t_0 variable in the graph with the timeSincePress of the button. It’s hard to explain how to do it in a post, but I worked on a series of activities that teach how to make these kinds of animations. If you go through just the first activity, it will help explain the basics of how it works. Desmos Classroom Activities

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that.