Student Feedback and marking of answers

I would really like to be able to give student feedback from the dashboard. For example, suppose the class is busy in doing an activity. I am circulating around the room and also watching what kids are posting on their slides. I would like to be able to write a note, or record a audio snippet, or sketch on their graph and then they would see this on their screen. I do this when they are writing in google docs-- give them in the minute suggestions, comments, corrections, extra questions. This feels extremely powerful for their learning.

I would also like to be able to assign a “grade” for their work on each slide-- Like “Thorough”, “Proficient”, “Good”, “Not Yet”. It would be great for those scores then to get tabulated across the slides for a student.

1 Like

These all sound like desirable requested features.

The only suggestion I could approximate with what is currently available in the computation layer is the grading of slides, but it would be an automated process rather than an in the moment qualitative assessment of “thorough,” “proficient”, etc.

We have a series of webinars coming up that may help:

The last webinar may be especially helpful for you.

1 Like

It’s not quite the same, but you can use graphs and the CL layer to add in quite a bit of built in feedback. I pulled a few of the slides from one of my lessons to give you an idea. Play around and see what you can come up with! I’m finding I can layer more and more feedback in as I learn (I’m fairly new to this).

1 Like