Table with Action Button and note

I am struggling with getting this activity to do what I would like to happen. First, I do not like that when the values are entered in the table correctly and they hit enter for the last value it is as if the action button is engaged instead of the student actually having to press the button. I have put error messages in the cells of the table so the students SHOULD fix things before that, but I wanted to add a message to pop up to go back and fix any spots with a triangle error message. Unfortunately since I have 2 tables, the error note pops up after they hit enter completing the first table and disappears when they start the second table. Is there any way around this? I have attached a copy of one of the slides I am working on.

Maybe use cellSuffix( ) instead of errorMessage( ) with :white_check_mark: or :x:, and relabel your button “Check My Answers”. Something like this:

checkA= this.cellNumericValue(1,2)= 2
checkB= this.cellNumericValue(2,2)= 2
checkC= this.cellNumericValue(3,2)= 2
checkD= this.cellNumericValue(4,2)= 2

cellSuffix(1,2): when isBlank(this.cellContent(1,2)) "" when checkA "✅" otherwise "❌"
#etc for other 3 cells

G1C = when checkA and checkB and checkC and checkD 1 otherwise 0

A little more obvious. Not to mention even in full screen, the note is just out of view.

I agree that would make the correct versus wrong more obvious. My bigger concern is how the error message comes up after entering the correct information into the first table yet no submit button has been hit. It disappears when I start entering information into the 2nd table. The submit button works great if they have to go back up to fix something because nothing happens when you change it in a cell that is not the last cell of the table. I guess my big concern is how it is treating the enter function after you populate the last cell in each of the tables.

You could use captures in the button instead, and use those for your errorMessage (and note) conditions. Using button.lastValue( ) would ensure that errorMessages don’t update until the button is pressed again.

Andrew, I love this activity! I do a lot of curriculum development for Henrico County. My Desmos activities are not as sophisticated as yours, but I have done a lot for Stat/Discrete that I am willing to share. Is there a way we could do an activity swap?