Can't type in the mathtype box

I’ve been making lots of desmos activities to use next year. All of a sudden I can’t write in the equation editor. I am trying to type in the equation x<6. I click to put in an equation (into a note) and I can’t type anything. I have tried on multiple computers and multiple activities. It’s so frustrating. Has anyone had this problem?

Hi Christina,

Does this affect all of your activities or just one? Does it happen during editing or while previewing as a student?

What device and browser are you using?

I’m having the same problem. When I’m creating an activity that I need to type an equation for the equation editor won’t let me type anything. I logged in to my account through my phone and I was able to type. So I know it is something with my computer. I’ve tried restarting but that doesn’t work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Holly

@Holly_J_Condon, In order to assist you, more information is needed. Can you share an activity that you’re having issues with? Also any information about your device, operating system, and browser causing difficulties will be helpful.

Been happening to me to. Chromium-based browsers on both Chrome-OS and Windows, desktop and laptop.

It’s intermittent and changes across screens at various points in development. No specific activities are unaffected.

Hi Folks,

I’m experiencing this issue. It’s kind of deal killer for my students.

No text appears when editing as a teacher a note with TypeMath button or as a student when pressing TypeMath in a free form response field.

New blank activity, teacher version. Using Chrome. Chrome is up to date: Version 127-0-6533-120 (Official Build) (x86_64) on a mac book pro, sonoma 14.6.
Also happens on Safari Version 17.6 (19618-3-11-11-5) on the same computer.

Student Version, same new activity.
And on older HP chromebooks using GoogleChrome 126-0-6478-222

Teacher version, new different activity.
Tried it on an older version of Chrome 127-0-6533-100 (Official Build) (arm_64) on a new mac book pro running Sonoma 14.5: NO ISSUES.

I want to type my maths.
Please help.

best,
Bill Luoma
OUSD

Our engineers are already looking into the issue. Some users have been able to resolve the issue by clearing their browser cache and cookies. Can you verify whether you’ve attempted this as well? We appreciate all the information you’ve shared!

This remains a big problem. It’s across every browser I’ve tried and is frequently rendering certain lesson aspects un-usable. It’s becoming difficult to even write math for some lessons.

Please update with a fix.