Check Algebraic Expression Answer

If you’re just trying to compare latex, use backticks instead of quotes. If you’re using computation, it’s probably a good idea to use a graph.

Hi Casey,

Not sure if you already figured this out or not. But you can check out my slides 8, 9 or 10 for the CL to fit what you are looking for. I hope it helps you out.

1 Like

Mr. Grubbs, not sure if this old post is active or monitored in any way, but still trying. Completely novice questions here, but I assume the code you gave is entered in the computation layer for the graph (seems to accept it there for me). Then how and where do you use the “true” or “false” value that you get for check1? I’m not sure on the syntax to turn that “true” into a “correct” for the graph or how to use that variable (check1) in the computation layer for the math input box where the student enters the formula. Any suggestions? Thanks

When setting a correct: sink in a component, you can either put explicit conditions directly after:

correct: this.numericValue=3.5 and this.submitted

or you can use Booleans that have been defined elsewhere:

check= this.numericValue=3.5 and this.submitted
correct: check

In both cases (this being the only component), the dashboard will show a checkmark when correct is true, or an X when false. Since check is a true or false value, correct will always be either true or false, and the dashboard reflects that.

It’s not possible to check equality between 2 or more equal signs is it?

An example is, in one cell writing "2^(6-1)+7=2^(5)+7=(2)(2)(2)(2)(2)+7=32+7 and having a cell suffix that was a checkmark.

There is the activity I will be updating.