Checking for correctness in a table for multiple items

I am having trouble knowing how to check for correctness with the following parameters in a table:
Cell(1,1) equals a specific value.
Cell(2,1) and Cell(3,1) can be any value as long as Cell(2,1) is greater than Cell(3,1) and the sum of Cell(1,1), Cell(2,1), and Cell(3,1) equals another specific value.

Do you already have something started? If so, post it and I can troubleshoot what you have!

Otherwise, here is a table I created with the criteria you added. Is this what you’re looking for?

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!! This is exactly what I am looking for!! It makes complete sense… I am rather new at that this!! Recently I find that I know what I want to do and I am getting more comfortable trying to figure things out but simultaneously I find myself with new questions and it is like I am starting over again at square 1. I had some things that were similar but I did not have “targets”. I do have a question: when I do the preview of the this screen, it does not give me a checkmark as being correct? Any ideas?

1 Like

Of course! Happy to help!

When you click preview, it shows you how a student would see it, not how a teacher would see it. Are you hoping to add feedback that a student can see?

If you’re also not seeing the Dashboard Preview, that only appears during an editing Preview.

I am only interested in seeing a checkmark in the teacher dashboard.

Also, I am having trouble with this… I am getting an error stating "unexpected type in latex interpolation: boolean

c1 = this.cellNumericValue(1,1) = numericValue(“4*${this.cellNumericValue(1,3)}”)
c2 = this.cellNumericValue(1,2)
c3 = this.cellNumericValue(1,3)

summedValue =100

correct = numericValue(${c1}+${c2}+${c3}) = summedValue

correct: correct

Geez… what am I doing wrong?? When I test it using the preview it continually says that I am incorrect. (Cell 1: I am using 579.6 Cell 2: I am using 247.4 Cell 3: I am using 1. 579.6 + 247.4 + 1 = 828 (the target number))

cell1 = this.cellNumericValue(1,1)
cell2 = this.cellNumericValue(2,1)
cell3 = this.cellNumericValue(3,1)

target1 = cell1 = 579.6

target2 = cell2 > cell3

summedValue = 828
target3 = numericValue(${cell1}+${cell2}+${cell3}) = summedValue

correct: target1 and target2 and target3

Sorry I meant that 828 was the summed value.

For this setup, c1 is checking if the cell value is equivalent to something, so it can’t be used in the sum you’re trying to define for “correct” (i.e. you’re attempting to use a boolean where there should be latex).

Here, you appear to have swapped rows and columns compared to what you were using before. Can’t see your table setup, so unsure!

Thanks for helping with the summed value. I changed it to finding the sum of cell 2 and cell 3 instead since they would have to have a specific sum as well. And as for the row swapping you are correct!! I noticed it and got rather annoyed with myself!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thanks so much for your help! I sincerely appreciate it!