Exponential/Log Inverse Equation Check

Good morning!

I am looking for a way to check that an equation is correct when the student types it into the math input. They need to write the inverse of an exponential equation, but I am not sure how to approach this. I know that I did something like this earlier with a quadratic function, but I want to make sure they have the correct base and the correct notation for an inverse function. The slides I’m trying to check for correctness are 1 and 2. If anyone has any guidance, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!!!

For Slide 1, paste this graph link into a blank line of your current graph. I added a folder for correction. It only checks if the functions are equivalent. You need to be a little more specific about notation expectations to check for that. You just need this line in your sketch CL:

function(`h`): simpleFunction(m1.latex)

You’ll also need a correct: sink or readOnly: true in the sketch CL if you want a dashboard checkmark.

Then, you can use m1.number(`C_{heck}`)=0 for giving feedback or the correct: sink in m1:

correct: m1.number(`C_{heck}`)=0

You can use the same graph for Slide 2, just need to change f(x) and g(x), and the range of list X, so you don’t get any undefined values.

Oh wow. This is way beyond the understanding of my brain! Thank you so much for your help!