Help with code that has graphing involved and selfchecking

I am trying to figure out how to get desmos to graph my tangent line equation over the graph of the function and make the graph in increments of pi/4.

my tangent line equation is:y+3pi=(6-4pi)(x-3pi4)
and my function is already on slide 6.

HELP :slight_smile:

I have had difficulty myself with controlling how desmos calculator plots values in terms of pi especially pi/4. I noticed that Robert Banks IV often overrides the axis and creates his own. I looked and I think you essentially need to do the same. Build your own axis if you want to control the exact spacing of increments. Here is a calculator example.

This can be achieved in the graph itself using the wrench tool as illustrated:


Just set the β€œStep” for the x-axis and y-axis to the increment you want and the axis should appear to your desired increment.

For whatever reason, Desmos will override these settings which is the reason for the work around. Often especially with pi/4 it will default to pi/2.

I just want to make everyone aware that with an example like this you can import directly into an activity (Thank you @Desmos!) by c/p the calculator url into the calculator input in an activity.