Labeling in Geometry Pages

Hello! I’m trying to create an activity in which my students can discover that the measure of the central angle is equal to the measure of its intercepted arc. The issue I’m running into is that I can’t figure out how to get the arc measure to display on the circle. I don’t see a way to label it using the actual arc measure, so I’m trying to just label it using the measure of the central angle, but I can’t figure that out either. If anyone can help me figure out how to get the label the way I want it, or help me figure out a work around, I would greatly appreciate it!

Here is the link to my activity: 8B Central and Inscribed Angles • Activity Builder by Desmos

Slide 3 is the one I’m trying to fix.

On Slide 3? From the overview, looks like you need to move the $ inside the backticks:

`${angle}`

The geometry component is not letting me play with it.

That didn’t work. I’ve played around with so many different combinations of math type… Any other ideas?

And just to clarify my picture, I played around with “tricks” to get the angle to display. The 145° that you can see on the arc currently is actually just a reflection of the angle. It’s not pretty, and it’s not going to work for when I try to get the intercepted arc of an inscribed angle…

The geometry component is really limited in the things you can label dynamically, but here’s a version that uses the graphing calculator if its helpful Graphing Calculator

This is perfect! Thank you so much! Do you happen to have a version that gives the inscribed angle and its intercepted arc as well?

Sure! Graphing Calculator

1 Like