Reset moveable points with action button

This may be a stupid question, but I don’t use the action button a lot. So apologies in advance.

I’m trying to have students trace their way along a rational graph and observe how holes work in the graph (we’ve already discussed vertical asymptotes). I’ve got a table recording the values as they drag the point along, but when the point gets to the hole, it disappears. Which is great and I have no problem with that, but what if they want to get the point back? Is there a way to have the action button reset the point but still make it a point the students can drag? Everything I’ve tried makes the point static, and the resetOnChange doesn’t seem to be resetting my point. Here’s a link to a test slide that’s duplicating part of my activity.

Rational Graphs Testing 1, 2, 3…

Instead of y= and (a,b), use f(x)= and (a,f(a)). It’ll show NaN when you get to 3, but still allow you to move the point.

If its a point reset you want this. might help: [Copy of] Button Reset • Activity Builder by Desmos

For a freely moving point you can apply the same function to both coordinates:

1 Like

Thank you! Had to get creative to make sure moving the dot still returned the correct y-values and that it didn’t get stuck just moving horizontally, but the point reset eventually worked. Got it!