Self Check Table Input

Hello!

I am trying to create a self-checking table where students will put the mean of two numbers and then the difference between the two numbers all in a table.

I have the correct coding for self-checking the two mean inputs but cannot get the difference self-check to work. Can anyone help with that? Some of the differences will be negative.

Looks like you figured it out?

No, I could never get the table in slide two to check correct when I enter the difference into the third box. It always gives me an “x”.

Sorry. I misinterpreted. The table is checking fine, but you want the dashboard check.

In order to get a dashboard check:

1. No text input components or explain prompts (best is a dot)
  2. Any component a student interacts with that you want to check for correctness needs a “correct:” sink. (e.g. your self-checking table)
  3. Any component not graded needs readOnly: true (e.g. your data table). Notes and media components can’t be graded though, so don’t need it.

In your self-checking table :

cellSuffix(1,1): when check1 "✅" otherwise "❌"
cellSuffix(1,2): when check2 "✅" otherwise "❌"
cellSuffix(1,3): when check3 "✅" otherwise "❌"

check1=this.cellNumericValue(1,1) = key.number("s_1")
check2=this.cellNumericValue(1,2) = key.number("s_2")
check3=this.cellNumericValue(1,3) = key.number("s_3")

correct: check1 and check2 and check3

No, you were right the first time. I cannot get the suffix in the third cell (difference of means) to give me a correct check mark when I enter in the correct difference. This would be on slide #3.
error

Can you republish your activity? I think I’m seeing old code because those numbers don’t match what I’m seeing on slide 3.

Absolutely, I appreciate your help here.

So the long table shuffles some test scores and redistributes them into two sections. I have to cl written to self-check that the means of those sections are correct, but I cannot get the cl to work for self-checking the difference of those means.

c1 in Slide 3 is undefined because you’re missing the ${ } around your table cell info.

One thing I do sometimes for debugging is make displays of what is being checked.
For example, I found this issue earlier by making a third row in your table:

cellContent(2,1): "${key.number(`s_4`)}"
cellContent(2,2): "${key.number(`s_5`)}"
cellContent(2,3): "${c1}"

You are a lifesaver. Thank you for the help and for the debugging tip!

1 Like