Text formatting in notes

Is it possible to do any of the following:

1. Create blank lines in notes? Can I insert an escaped carriage return character etc? If I want to format text or create good spacing between elements (Note and Choice for example), I need to create blank lines.

2. Format text? Change colour, bold, italics etc?

Thanks

Chris

You can put blank lines in the note simply by hitting the enter key to create them. This works fine.

As for formatted text: colour is black. However, you can enter alternate fonts such as (just a few examples of what you can paste into your note section):
๐”–๐”ž๐”ช๐”ญ๐”ฉ๐”ข ๐”—๐”ข๐”ต๐”ฑ
๐•พ๐–†๐–’๐–•๐–‘๐–Š ๐•ฟ๐–Š๐–๐–™
:ant::hotsprings: ๐“ขโ“๐•ž๐ฉl๏ผฅ ๐•ฅโ‚ฌ๏ฝ˜แต— :alien:โ™œ
๐“ข๐“ช๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฃ๐“ฎ๐”๐“ฝ
๐’ฎ๐’ถ๐“‚๐“…๐“๐‘’ ๐’ฏ๐‘’๐“๐“‰
๐•Š๐•’๐•ž๐•ก๐•๐•– ๐•‹๐•–๐•ฉ๐•ฅ
๏ผณ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ… ๏ผด๏ฝ…๏ฝ˜๏ฝ”
As always, poor font selection leads to diminished student learning but a font such as ๐’๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐“๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ can be used for section headers in the note when suitable and necessary.

In addition to the option of adding blank lines, you can use \n to make a new line.

Imagine if one day you could actually use Bold, Italic and/or Underline in notes (and Card Sort text)โ€ฆ I donโ€™t really understand why it hasnโ€™t been implemented.

3 Likes

Hi - I tried copying and pasting your text there to a note CL and I could not change it to another word - copies fine as the words you typed, but itโ€™s not copying the formatting. How did you do that? Everything else I paste just reverts to the default text font.

Where do you go to find these Sample fonts?
(And probably while Iโ€™m there I can edit them?)

Can ScreenReaders read these?

Try text/symbols from this site: https://coolsymbol.com/cool-fancy-text-generator.html

2 Likes

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, you can also paste this into areas inside Google Classroomโ€ฆI like using that to call attention to things! (I donโ€™t Google Classroom on a regular basis, otherwise I might go crazy on that!)

Wow!! This is awesome. The symbols are really going to step up the presentation aspect of activities. :heavy_check_mark::pushpin::warning::sunglasses:

Thanks, that works great!

I also like using emoji in text areas of Desmos!
emojipedia is one site I use to search for emoji.
circles, dots, squares for โ€œbulletsโ€
attention type symbols
Correct check mark or star or fireworks
red X
etc etc

1 Like