Trouble writing square root in script

On slide 3, in the CL code for the table, I’m just trying to give the correct answer as (sqrt(3))/2,-1/2). Unfortunately, I don’t know the correct way to enter an expression involving a square root as code. When I copy and pasted from the desmos calculator, it did not accept the code in the CL. Here is my activity: Terminal Points and Evaluating Trig Functions • Activity Builder by Desmos

I just want this slide to be self-checking to see in the students can enter the correct terminal point a x & y coordinates.

Common tip: Type it into the graph calculator or a math input, then copy paste. It should convert it to the latex.

To check this answer, you’ll probably want to use a range or round it:

... numericValue("\round(${this.cellNumericValue(1,1)},3)")=0.867...

OR

...numericValue("${this.cellNumericValue(1,1)}")<=0.867 and
numericValue("${this.cellNumericValue(1,1)}")>=0.865...

There’s actually a few more ways to check. You can also add countNumberUsage to check that it’s in radical form as well.

Also, in your note on slide 3, if you want it to actually display -13pi/6, click the square root button. That will start a latex math box. Then, when you type pi, it’ll change to the symbol. It will also allow a stacked fraction.

Thank you for your help. When I put in the code you provided on slide 3 (in the table), then preview and put in sqrt(3)/2 as my entry in the x column and -1/2 as my entry in the y column, the check mark is not showing up. It is still showing up as an x next to “student screen preview.” Here is the link to the slides with the new code: Terminal Points and Evaluating Trig Functions • Activity Builder by Desmos

Thoughts?

Oops. When I copied the version with rounding, I left the slash. Take those out and it should work. Also change the 0.866 to 0.865. (I fixed it in the post above.)

Thanks! How can I put something in the code that signals to the student that they got it correct? For instance, I tried this.cellNumericValue(1,1)"=“:white_check_mark:” and this.cellNumericValue(1,2)=“:white_check_mark:” but it did not work. Says “correct” expects a Boolean but got a number.

Here’s an example where row 1, column 1 needs a number of 2. If that number is displayed, then row 1, column 2 displays the green check:

cellContent(1,2): when this.cellNumericValue(1,1)=2 "✅" otherwise ""