CL for practicing estimation

I want to create a screen in which the students estimate a too low, too high, and a just right.

I would like to be able to provide them feedback when their estimate for low is too high, for high is too low, and when their just right is within reason.

I currently have a separate math input for each category. too high for ‘low’ might tell a student that >500 is too high. too low for ‘high’ might tell a student that <250 is too low. just right would want the student to enter a value between 350 and 400 without giving away an exact answer.

second screen.

Thank you in advance,
~K

You could use a note that is hidden when the input is greater than 500:
hidden: yourInputNameHere.numericValue>500

I personally don’t think this is necessary. Instead, maybe aggregate class estimates in a graph on the next screen. And allow them to go back and change their mind. Or wait to aggregate guesses later before the answer is revealed. I feel like there’s value in seeing their mistaken perceptions.

I like the idea of aggregating their estimates. I just didn’t know it could be done. How would I aggregate their estimates on the next screen? Have you created an activity that I could learn from?

Thank you.

I don’t have an example. You can aggregate any number into a numberList in a graph, say L, H, and J for low, high, just right:

numberList(`L`): aggregate(yourInputNameHere.latex)
numberList(`H`): aggregate(yourInputNameHere.latex)
numberList(`J`): aggregate(yourInputNameHere.latex)

Then, you can use that list, L, however you deem fit in your graph. I recommend putting an initial dummy list in the graph to get things to display the way you want (colors, bounds, etc.). The list will be overridden by the CL when in the activity or preview mode.