Extracting coordinates from graph

In this activity, students place a point on a graph. Is it possible to extract the coordinates from this point and print them on another screen of the activity? (I would like to collect and extract the data for a given class, and this is the best way I can think of doing it… if there’s a better way, please let me know!)

Thanks in advance! Apologies if there’s already an answer to a similar question, I’m very new to CL.

First off, great check-in! I’m a big fan of all the awesome non-math uses folks have come up with for Desmos activities :slight_smile:

Here is a copy of your activity with small examples added on screens 2 and 3. Screen 2 shows how you can use syntax like graph1.number("p") to extract a number and reference it later. It sounds like you might want a way to gather the coordinates for everyone in the class in one place, which can be done with the aggregate function (documentation). Screen 3 shows how you would, for example, show students a plot with everyone’s points.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much, @ianmcmeek! That’s exactly what I was looking for. I’ve updated the activity, adding a page with the aggregate responses on a graph and another with the responses in a table. I’m not sure I want students to see the aggregate data, so I will hide those in the Dashboard.

Thanks again!