Giving feedback to students after filling in Table

Hi,

I am trying to give feedback to students whether they got the answers correct after they input their responses into a table.

Using this so far:

In Table2 components:

correct:(Table2.cellContent(1,2)=“opposite” or Table2.cellContent(1,2)=“Opposite” and Table2.cellContent(2,2)=“Adjacent” or Table2.cellContent(2,2)=“adjacent” and Table2.cellContent(3,2)=“Hypotenuse” or Table2.cellContent(3,2)=“hypotenuse”)

This shows me a check mark if they got it correct in my dashboard, but I want them to see feedback.

I tried this in my Note2 component.

content: when Table2.submitted “Well done!” otherwise “Incorrect. Try Again!”

Incorrect. Try Again! would display but never change to Well done! when the answers were input into the table.

Am I close?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

I actually just figured it out. You need to assign a variable to the same Boolean statement that is in correct, then access that variable in note2 use the script keyword.

Note2

content: when Table2.script.answer “Well done!” otherwise “Incorrect. Try Again!”

Table2

answer = (Table2.cellContent(1,2)=“opposite” or Table2.cellContent(1,2)=“Opposite” and Table2.cellContent(2,2)=“Adjacent” or Table2.cellContent(2,2)=“adjacent” and Table2.cellContent(3,2)=“Hypotenuse” or Table2.cellContent(3,2)=“hypotenuse”)

Fun fun, thanks anyway. Hopefully this can help someone else out.

3 Likes

I usually name my Boolean “check” (as you did “answer”), then use that for both feedback and correct sinks. So, for your correct sink (without changing your Boolean’s name):

correct: answer

(You don’t need the .script.answer because it’s in the same component.)