Notify students if answer is correct

Hello, I would like for students to be notified if their answer is correct or not. All of the choices are multiple choice. How would I have it show “Correct!” when the answer is right for MC questions?

1 Like

Hello, @Csikes !

This example should help you out: Choose A - Correct! • Activity Builder by Desmos

Just name your multiple choice component (I named mine question1) and then change “question1” in the Note component to whatever it is you named yours.

1 Like

Okay, is there a way to keep the student from changing their answer after hitting submit?

1 Like

Hey, I’ve been working hard in this realm. Try this: https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/5f7b6e865794390ce12d4730

1 Like

Thank you to both! This will help! I wasn’t able to fix it for the class yesterday, but I was able to edit my activity for the next group I see today. Thanks for the details, Travis. I can see there’s a lot of script writing. It’s been over a decade since I have looked at this stuff, but it isn’t too bad to follow. I am going to focus on implementing a more detailed script on my next one since it is going to take a little longer to type it up.

1 Like

Luckily if you work on having decent structure with your code, you can minimize the amount of things you have to change from activity to activity, question to question

1 Like

Makes sense! I don’t know a lot about coding, but I think once I play with it a little more, it should come a little faster.

1 Like