Show Ticker Timer

Hello Desmos Forum,

How do I show the ticker timer as a label on a point in my graph? Thanks in advanced for the help.

Richard Punches

You can make the label a variable, so whatever variable you are changing with your ticker can be the label.

Here is an example:

If I’ve misunderstood the problem, please provide a link to the graph/activity, so I can take a look.

Thanks. That was perfect.

I have another question. I am trying to make the ticker start on a click of a Go button. I have the Go button toggle a variable T->1 on click. Then, in the ticker I have {T=1:g(dt)} which is supposed to make g(x)=B->B+1 advance every 1000 ms. I can see T toggling from 0 to 1 on click, but my B value doesn’t advance. If my ticker says only g(dt), and I click the metronome icon, B changes every 1000 ms. How can I get the ticker to start up g(dt) when T->1? Thanks again for the help in advanced.

Why not just have {T=1:B->B+1} in the ticker? You don’t need an intermediary function.

I’m trying to get the value of B to continuously rise as the ticker goes every 1000 ms. With {T=1:B->B+1} B doesn’t change from 0 to 1.

Can you share a link?