Shuffle/Randomize MC Options on Button Press?

I have designed a repeated practice page with multiple choice options. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to re-shuffle the multiple choice options when students select the “Try Another” button (especially desired on Screen 2 of my activity). I saw a feature request thread and a corresponding reply that demonstrated a work around (which I honestly don’t fully understand the coding for), but I think that specific solution may only work when each choice is a number…?

Can anyone help me understand how I can code screen 2 of my activity to shuffle the position of my multiple choice options? I plan to make several other similar repeated practice pages and would love to know how to get this to work.

Thanks in advance!

Adapting some of @cwinske’s ideas from the thread you linked, here is a much simpler activity that re-orders multiple choice options:

Layering this re-ordering paradigm on top of all the awesome features you have already built into your exponential functions practice page seems time consuming but doable. On the plus side, I think it should be straightforward to transfer to new repeated practice activities.

I hope that helps! I’m happy to take a stab at working this into the activity you shared if that’s something you’re interested in.

Thanks for the reply, @ianmcmeek ! I’ll take a look and see if I can figure this out.

@ianmcmeek I was able to get this idea incorporated into the activity I’ve been building. Thank you very much for your timely assistance!

I just took another look at your practice activity - the back end scripting is intimidating (kudos to you!), and it all comes together to make a very clean student-facing experience. Cool model for repeated practice that I’m looking forward to borrowing ideas from.