Adding to an Activity Which has Already Been Assigned

Hi there.

I was wondering if it is possible to add to an activity once it is assigned. I want to do an assessment that is over two days. They do Part One on the first day, in which they do some work on the graph. At the end of the first day, the activity is paused and the kids have no access until they start back the next day.

For the second day, I would like to be able to add another slide, Part Two, before it is unpaused.

I assigned the activity in a google classroom, worked on it and logged out. Then edited in teacher desmos. When I went back into google classroom, the assigned copy hadn’t changed. So I’m thinking maybe I can’t do it…

Any help, much appreciated.
Ingrid

I think once the activity is assigned, no further changes will filter through.

Your best way around this would be to have both parts in the activity already, and use Pacing to prevent students from moving onto Part Two on the first day. Then when they join again on the next day, you can use Pacing again to move all students into the next section.

Are you intending to add a slide based on responses to Part 1? If so, is there a way to automate it (e.g. using aggregate)? If not, I’d make separate activities for Parts 1 and 2.