Bug? Or oversight on my part?

I’ve been staring at this for hours now and cannot figure out what is going on… Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On Screen 1 of this activity it appears that the feedback note is responding as intended based upon when the Math Input script “correct” conditions are met. I can see that the status of the Math Input “points” script is 1 when the conditions are met. For some reason it does not appear the “point” status is being captured correctly or properly integrated into the graph number T_otalrewards using the “Rewards” history. Despite the apparent recognition of correctness, I can’t get the streak counter to acknowledge the earning of points.

You can see on screen 2 that I performed the same type of coding and it is working fine - I just can’t figure out what is going on with screen 1. Any help in helping me get this corrected would be greatly appreciated!

I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I was actually surprised that you could use backtics instead of double quotes or single quotes because I thought that was more of a LaTeX formatting thing than a string thing. The whole thing looked overly-complicated for the effect that you are after.

I recreated much of it using just a few components and letting most of the calculations be completed in the graph. Perhaps screen 2 of [Copy of] Issues for CL Forum • Activity Builder by Desmos will be useful to you.

@sergeballif Thanks for taking the time to look through this. I am just starting to learn how to… code?.. program?.. script? (I don’t even know what the proper term is… haha) I’ve been trying to look at other people’s activities to figure out what I can do. I am going to have to spend some time looking over what you have done to try to understand more efficient ways of doing things.

Thanks again for your time and help!

You’re welcome. I just looked at my version and saw that the reset button doesn’t actually do anything other than display the check button. It also doesn’t give the longest streak, but rather the recent streak length. At any rate, it should give you some ideas. In general, my advice is to let the graph do all the calculations and then just pull values from the graph.