CL for Graphing Systems of Equations

Happy New Year!

I still have a lot to learn about working with CL and graphs. I copied a screen (screen 1) with one line and tried to add a second line by replicating what was already there a second time. The CL is not working correctly, and I have a feeling it is connected to how I named the red tline in the graph component. I tried working with m and b but couldn’t get it to work, which is why I tried n and c. Any tips would be much appreciated!

1 Like

I like this idea a lot! I played with this for a while this morning and tweaked it a bit.

1. I renamed red and blue lines to r(x) and b(x) in explicit form: y = m(x-x1) + y1. Some of the tools used in the graphing calculator won’t work correctly with more than one variable or term on the left side. I’m never sure when implicit might work, so I try to stay with explicit in terms of the y variable.
  2. I also moved information about the equations for the lines of the system to the CL of the first note so that they could be referenced in the solutions.

I put a readOnly, hidden table to allow a teacher to change both graphs and the solution very quickly. If you copy this screen, you only have to make changes to three cells in the table.

Dear Susan,

Thank you so very much! This is really awesome. I also appreciate how I can use point-slope form. Thanks for taking the time to help, and making the CL so easy to update. I wish you could see the smile on my face right now!

I really like that feeling when vision is realized. Thanks for sharing!

Somehow you knew my vision was to have the solution option hidden until the graphs were correct! Here is the final product just in case it’s helpful. I teach an accelerated Algebra course so I added in some absolute value and quadratic graphs.

1 Like

This looks wonderful!

1 Like