CL programming for grading Tables and Equivalent Equations

I am working on this activity.

I don’t actually really know much about CL coding, I just copy and paste and adjust a lot…
I think I have everything working except in slide 1. There are two things I would like to do that I have never done before

1. Students need to enter values into a table. I want desmos to tell them if their table is correct and also mark correctness on the teacher dashboard.

I saw using something like
cellSuffix(1,2): when this.cellNumericValue(1,2)=9 “:white_check_mark:
when isBlank(this.cellContent(1,2)) “”
otherwise “:x:
cellSuffix(2,2): when this.cellNumericValue(2,2)=36 “:white_check_mark:
when isBlank(this.cellContent(2,2)) “”
otherwise “:x:
But would rather students hit submit and it marks the whole table as correct or incorrect. Is that possible?

1. Students are supposed to write an equation for B in terms of t. I would like the activity to again tell them if their equation is correct, and also mark correctness on the dashboard. I know I could look for a specific LaTex entry, but I would like students to be able to input any equivalent equation. Is there any way to do that?
    (And… Is is possible on math entry boxes for something to already be there like a B(t)= or x= and they are just filling in the rest? maybe for this slide or slide 5?)
    Thanks in advance!

I made some changes to the first slide to do what you are looking for. It used to be that by including code referring to submitted in a table that the button would appear but it doesn’t seem to be happening. Instead, I made it so it would only appear when all of the fields had an answer in it.

I used differenceFunction to do the checking for the equation. Let me know if you have questions.

1 Like

Thanks for your help!