Copy Previous Graph Label Issue

I am guessing I am missing something within the new Copy Pervious Graph CL. While cleaning up an older task I notice that my labels do not transfer to subsequent graphs in my activity like they used to.

The particular activity asks students to create a bar graph with sliders. Each of the sliders was labeled with a particular data label. When you go to the next slide all of the labels are gone.

Any ideas how to address this? Do I need to code each of the points in the subsequent graphs?

Thanks,
aw

The graph is is on slide 15 and impacts the next 6 slides.

Yeah, “Copy Previous” was deprecated, so you have to transfer everything individually, but maybe graphLayer?

Try this:
background: graphLayer(graphName.calculatorState)

I don’t know if this is going away.

Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate the response.

I did originally use the graphLayer and background CL in each of the subsequent graphs. Everything transfers except the label for each of the points in the original graph. I am having a hard time even guessing how to address this.

If they’re not carrying over, you probably have to code them individually.

Hi, I have the same question.
The label of the points are not carried over to the next slide.
Could you help me with the code?

I have tried:
numberList(U): graphBefore.numberList(U)
and/or
pointLabel(“U”): graphBefore.labelText(“U”)

I defined U=[U_1,U_2,U_3] on each of the graph.

But does not work.

Actually, there are only 3 points and I can just write everything all over again.

But, I’m afraid that in the future I will work on something more complicated.

And also, the time the points appear is faster than the time the copied image appear. So, maybe they will appear together at the same time when they’re “copied”.

Not sure how complex your graph is, but may be a simpler solution to duplicate the graph (rather than using background), turning off any interaction, and defining the edited parts in the CL based on the previous graph. Lists don’t work in CL the same way as the GC. pointLabel expects a single point and can’t take a list.

That works!
Thank you so much
Does it mean we can’t use the same name for each component?

Components can have duplicate names. Referencing a component will default to the component on the same screen if there are duplicate names. However, if all duplicates are on a different screen, you’ll get an error because it’s too ambiguous.