Count total multiple choice selections

I want to have the total of the number of times students click through multiple choice answers, can someone help me with this?

If they’re not submitting, I don’t think it’s possible to know how many times they clicked different options. What are you trying to accomplish? There may be an alternate approach that can work.

Yeah, I can come up with a workaround. Thank you!

To clarify, is the goal to know how many different times they had to try the problem before getting it correct? If so, here’s an activity where I use the warning exclamation mark to let me know if a student submitted the answer more than once. If you hover on the exclamation mark it will also let you know how many times the students submitted their answer.

Here is a link to the activity: Unit 2: Lesson 5: Compare and Order Fractions, Decimals and Percents • Activity Builder by Desmos

Here is an example of what I would see on my dashboard:

And finally here is the code I used in the answer component:

showSubmitButton: TRUE
warning: 
when this.submitCount>1 "First attempt incorrect; ${this.submitCount} attempts" otherwise ""

I think the original poster simply wants to register a click-count for each response - independent of registering a submit event. If so, that’s possible:

mc2

It’s also possible to register a unique click-count for each response option, although as i’m not sure that that’s what was in mind, I left that part out.

Here’s how: MC | Click Count • Activity Builder by Desmos

1 Like

Oh my gosh yes, exactly, I wanted to check if students were guessing because the activity I created didn’t use the submit button. I could have changed it, but this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
Just wow. All the time I played with total and aggregate trying to find a solution, I never would have been able to code that. Thank you.
Also, thanks for helping Richard, sorry I wasn’t more clear.

1 Like