Creating a timed test

Is there a way to set up a timer so that when the students start their test they have 45 minutes. If they leave, when they come back its still remembering how much time is left? I want to lock all the answers once the time runs out.

I don’t believe there is currently a way to do this. Here is a post about a little something I played around with that can sort of mimic a timed activity (but it would NOT stop the timer if they navigate away from the activity).

I found one activity done By Kenneth Clarkson
Screen 3 done By Kenneth Clarkson

I tried to adjust it alittle but I failed to change the relation between the first screen (the groups) and the screen 3 of the activity itself, but you might find it helpful

I don’t think there is currently a way to create a timed test, but you could do a combination of the following:

• Pause the activity when the test finishes
  • Use the cellEditable, disableEdit and similar functions to prevent editing after students hit a Submit button

Currently, there is no way to prevent a free response from being edited, so you may wish to hide and display a copy of the response when the Submit button is pressed.