Disable Math Input Box

Hello, I am trying to disable the math input box when the answer is correct and at the same time, I also want to limit the number of attempts.
I am trying to allow students two attempts per question, check correct or incorrect, and leave their last response on the screen.
Ex. In my activity, the correct answer for m is -4 if they get it right on their first attempt, I don’t want them to be able to edit their response. I want them to know that they are correct, and at the same time see their response on the screen. If the first attempt is incorrect, they need to know that, be able to attempt it a second time only, and view their last response on the screen.
If anybody is able to help I will really appreciate it! I really like creating my own activities in Desmos, and I have seen a lot of improvement in my students’ learning. I have learnt a lot from everybody in this platform. Thank you so much! Please see: Disable Math Input Box • Activity Builder by Desmos

I believe I made the desired modifications to m so you can now make similar changes to the rest of the screen. I’ll point out that I created a script correct in inputm so that we could refer to it in another component. That way, you only have to type in the right answer one time (which will minimize mistakes when duplicating this screen). Enjoy! [Copy of] Disable Math Input Box • Activity Builder by Desmos

Thank you so much for helping me!!! :smiley: It is perfect! I have so much to learn! what can I do to learn more? Thanks again for taking the time to help people!!!

1 Like

You’re welcome. My best advice for anyone wanting to learn more is to hang out on this forum to see the types of questions that are coming in. You can help others and get ideas while checking out some of the clever solutions this community comes up with.

2 Likes