Hide Text when New Question is created

I love this Activity created by Brett Parker and full credit to him.

I did want to edit something on his Slide #2 and was looking for help. After you type in an equation and submit it by pushing the “Show the slope and y-intercept” button, it shows a great animation on the graph and a note2b appears with the solution equation.

Then when you push the “Generate a new line” button and new graph/question is produce but the animation is completed and the solution equation (note2b) is already shown, until you click inside the Math Input box. I would like the entire slide to reset so that the student would not see the animation or note (answer) until they push the “Show Me” button again…

I modified screen 2 so that it doesn’t reveal the answer by alternating hiding the submit button and the new line buttons and by changing the definition of the t in the graph to also depend on whether the line had just been reset. [Copy of] Infinite Practice Graphing Lines • Activity Builder by Desmos

2 Likes

I was going to suggest adding this to the input component. This will reset anything associated with that component, including the timeSinceSubmit.

resetOnChange: "${new1.pressCount}"
1 Like

Thank you both! You both used the resetOnChange idea which was what was needed.
Cheers!

Here is the edited activity created by Brett Parker, edited by myself, sergeballif and cwinske!