Integrated Math 2 problems

In my county we do IM1-3 instead of algebra 1, geometry, algebra 2 etc.

We also have essential standards that the county has determined to be the ones most important to focus on. I am currently teaching a summer credit recovery course over IM2 material and put together a collection of problems covering some IM2 standards. These problems are set up to be randomized, so these slides can be copy and pasted repeatedly creating many different problems. I wanted to share incase there are any IM2 teachers who would want them. Also, I am an IM1 teacher normally, so if you see anything to add or change let me know!

The standards covered are as follows:

• M2.F.IF.A.: For a function that models a relationship between two quantities, interpret key features of graphs and tables in terms of the quantities and sketch graphs showing key features given a verbal description of the relationship.
    •I can find intercepts of a quadratic function.
    •I can find the relative maximums/minimums of a quadratic function.

• M2.A.APR.A.1 Understand that polynomials form a system analogous to the integers, namely, they are closed under the operations of addition, subtraction, and multiplication; add subtract and multiply polynomials.
    •I can add, subtract, and multiply polynomials.

• M2.A.SSE.B.3a: Choose and produce an equivalent form of an expression to reveal and explain properties of the quantity represented by the expression.
    •I can factor a quadratic expression.

• M2.A.REI.B.2b: Solve quadratic equations and inequalities in one variable.
    •I can solve quadratics by taking the square roots.
    •I can solve quadratics by factoring.
    •I can solve quadratics by using the quadratic formula.

• M2.N.RN.A.2: Rewrite expressions involving radicals and rational exponents using the properties of exponents.
    •I can rewrite expressions involving rational exponents in radical form.
    •I can rewrite expressions written in radical form as rational exponents.

• M2.G.SRT.C.8a Solve triangles. Know and use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems.
    •I can use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles.

2 Likes