Limit submissions with feedback - no longer working as of this week

I have been creating multiple choice questions that give students feedback when they get the wrong answer. They get two tries to get it correct. I have quite a few activities I have been using and mid-week the feedback stopped working.

This is one example of an activity that is no longer working as it did be this week:

In Screen 3 I removed the submit function which limited them to some number of attempts so they don’t just click their way through the answers and you get the feedback but they can just click away.

Screen 4 and beyond, which have worked in the last few weeks, don’t provide the feedback for wrong or right answers. It includes the following CL code:

In the blank NOTE window:
content: when choice2.submitted and choice2.isSelected(2)“Correct!”
when choice2.submitted and choice2.isSelected(4)“Incorrect. The slope is the value for m in the point-slope form. The x1 and y2 are the coordinates for the point. Try again.”
when choice2.submitted and choice2.isSelected(3)“Incorrect. The slope is the value for m in the point-slope form. The x1 and y2 are the coordinates for the point. Try again.”
when choice2.submitted and choice2.isSelected(1)“Incorrect. The slope is the value for m in the point-slope form. The x1 and y2 are the coordinates for the point. Try again.”
otherwise “”

In the multiple choice window:
hidden: choice2.submitCount>1

This used to provide an automatic response to the student when a wrong answer was selected. No response any longer.

Did something change with DESMOS this week? As I have may activities that no longer work that worked earlier this term.

Thanks in advance for any help you can be!
Pam McCarthy

Pretty sure it’s a serious framework wide problem. Just posted about this in the Bug Reports section.

This change - whatever it is - has also removed all previous activity feedback for my students. Not good.

I changed your CL for the feedback loops you wanted to work on screens 4, 5 and 6. We don’t know if its a bug but for now only read the source for submit once.

To meet @Vicente_H’s suggestion, you could use a nested when-otherwise, which would also clean up your code a lot.

content: when choice2.submitted
         (when choice2.isSelected(2) "Correct!"
          otherwise "Incorrect. The slope is the value for m in the point-slope form. The x1 and y2 are the coordinates for the point. Try again."
          )
         otherwise ""
2 Likes

Hey everyone! This issue was totally on us and should be resolved now. Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes