Looking for the CL code / mechanics from Amplify's "Puzzle Party (Introducing Logarithms)" lesson

Hi everyone,

I am a math teacher from Türkiye, and I am currently building some custom interactive activities for my high school students using Desmos Activity Builder.

I recently reviewed Amplify’s Algebra 2 lesson “Puzzle Party (Introducing Logarithms)” and absolutely loved the interactive mechanics and CL implementation in it. Since I am an international user without a paid premium school subscription, the “Copy and Edit” feature is locked for me, and I cannot access the Computation Layer backend to see how it was built.

Could anyone who has curriculum access share the CL codes or a simplified editable template of the puzzle/matching components used in that activity?

Specifically, I am looking to understand:

  • How the visual elements interact with the graphing component on that screen.
  • The validation/checking logic behind the puzzle pieces.

Any help, code snippets, or pointers to similar public templates would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your time and help,
Best regards.

Thanks for your interest. FYI this is not because you’re an international user, anyone without paid curriculum will be unable to copy and edit, and even a copied version cannot be edited by unpaid users.

I will say the visual elements are all done in the graph (i.e. the puzzle pieces), though any text uses a pointLabel sink in the CL. The CL for showing multiple problems on the same screen definitely has some complexity. There are probably some samples on the forum somewhere that are not exactly the same but may work for you. Validation is a fairly simple comparison of student input to the correct value in the graph:
i_{sCorrect}=\left\{\operatorname{round}\left(n_{Input},6\right)=\operatorname{round}\left(n_{Correct},6\right):\ 1,\ 0\right\}