New Feature Request: Copying components onto a new screen

Is it possible to create a “copy component” feature so that a specific component can be pasted on a new screen without having to duplicate the screen and eliminate everything around it so that the new screen can be built with the needed component?
Or to insert the needed component into a pre-created screen?

My current workaround is a storage of single component screens. The issue is that if I need two key components I still have to copy the second one (and all of its CL or features) to use with the primary component on the new screen.

For instance, I needed the same multiple choice options on 30 different screens of a pre-made classroom activity. After typing the options on the first two screens, I took a screenshot of each option and pasted the images repeatedly for the multiple choice option tiles. Easier but still a hassle…

—A suggestion category would be nice…----

11 Likes

I have frequently wished I could copy a component. I second this request.

3 Likes

Has anyone heard anything regarding the possibility of getting a copy component feature? It would save me SO much time and effort. (conversation bump)

2 Likes

PRETTY PLEASE, can you create a Duplicate Component or Copy Component option? :pray:t2:
It is pretty ridiculous to have to create the same component over and over again for different questions with the same answer choices.

1 Like

I don’t have much hope that such a feature will appear given how long these requests have been coming in, although I would love for it to exist.

I’m not sure who from the original engineering team is actually working on Desmos Classroom since the split, but I get the impression that the more regular improvements will be made to the Graphing Calculator, while the Amplify crew are more interested in making curriculum than improving the tools.

One piece of evidence is the drying up of this list: New Classroom Features (Ongoing) and another is the fact that feature requests like the above, or even the ability to search reliably for activities, have not been implemented.

1 Like

I now need to wind back my pessimism, as Amplify has now (Nov 2023) added this feature to Desmos Classroom. This is an excellent addition and will speed up the development of activities significantly!

https://my.amplify.com/help/en/articles/6792643-copy-individual-components-and-edit-graphs-in-activity-builder

4 Likes

Found this HUGE improvement by accident. Surprised it’s not better publicised?

2 Likes