Number as a source in Sketch Component

When I use Graph as a background for Sketch component and want to use numbers defined in that graph as a source in Note or any other component, is it possible? In that context, why Sketch component does not use all the sources available for Graph component when Graph is used as a background in Sketch?

Sketch is fun! Here are a few simple examples used to help introduce them (screens 2 and 3)

There’s also information in the documentation:
https://teacher.desmos.com/computation-layer/documentation#types:sketch

Thanks Jay for the Webinar Link. I actually resolved the issue and it was just a wrong syntax in that case. Here’s the activity link on which I was working. Please take a look and suggest some code compression if possible. I still have this question though, why can’t we have main sources of Graph Component available for Sketch Component when Graph is used as a background in Sketch?

Please excuse my ignorance about the usage of “script” which allows any variable of any component anywhere. That resolves all my concerns about sketch and graph! Thanks again.

It looks like the feedback option is only for what is entered into the input field. Is there supposed to be some sort of feedback for the sketch there? Regardless of where I draw the vector as long as I enter the correct standard position vector it graphs it and gives me “correct” feedback. Not sure if this is intentional.

I also noticed that after sharing the link. But It’s fixed now. For the sketch feedback, I would rather prefer to have the correct graph drawn or else I have to add a lot of coding I guess! Please check. However, I am not happy with my lengthy codes! I need more practice with CL to be better at its subtleties. Thanks for the support.

hows this work for you?
[Copy of] Vectors Introduction • Activity Builder by Desmos

Perfect! Much neater than what I had. Thank you so much.

Did this question ever get answered? When I use Graph as a background for Sketch component and want to use numbers defined in that graph as a source in Note or any other component, is it possible?

Currently not possible, sorry. The best current workaround is to perform any necessary calculations in another graph and only inject numbers into a sketch.