Rounding a calculation in a table to two decimal places

I have my students entering a fraction in a cell in a table. I’d like that cell to calculate the decimal for that fraction, and round the decimal to 2 decimal places. Right now it defaults to 4 decimal places. Is this possible?

Here is the screen I’m trying to fix:

https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/6421a898e056ae91614bfd82#preview/bb485394-e2cf-4a90-b920-5a16bfc28952

Hi Laura,

I don’t believe the math evaluation box can be customized beyond turning it off with cellDisableEvaluation. One option would be to add a new table column that displays the decimal rounded to 2 decimal places. Here is a copy of your activity with the extra column added on screen 10. I hope that helps!

Thank you so much! I will save this and be using this on other activities! This was so helpful!

You can do it with cellSuffix

2 Likes

Aha, I like that better @Mike_Gleeson! For convenience, here are both options side-by-side so that you can choose which one you prefer -

This is very helpful. Thank you. I already assigned the one from yesterday, but I’ll be saving this so I can use it for other activities!