Sketch background

Hi, all: when combining two or more sketches (or graphs), I’ve seen both of these background sinks used:

background: sketchLayer(mergeSketches(sketch4.sketch,sketch6.sketch))

background: layerStack(sketchLayer(sketch4.sketch),sketchLayer(sketch6.sketch))

Is one preferable to the other in terms of carryover to other features?

layerStack will allow you to combine both sketchLayers and graphLayers.

1 Like

Is there a reason that the sketch on slide 1 of this activity is not copying down? I am using sketchLayer:

There’s a lot going on in this activity, but you have a lot of CL errors regarding component names, “solm” in particular. If you’re referencing components in other screens, they need to be unique names otherwise CL doesn’t know which one to reference. Component names that are referenced on the same screen can be duplicate names because it defaults to the current screen. Hopefully that helps a little. Once you resolve those, it would be helpful for you to note specific sketches, rather than figuring out which of many are the issue.

Thanks: above I have deleted all other components on the slide. The sketch called “sketchdot” will copy down to the sketch called “s1a” when, in “s1a,” I use the code "background: sketchLayer(sketchdot.sketch) "

However, the sketch called “sketchdot” will not copy down to the sketch called “s2a” when, in “s2a,” I use the code: “layerStack(sketchLayer(sketchdot.sketch),graphLayer(sketchdot.calculatorState))”

Normally layerStack works but it is not working in this scenario for some reason.