CL Error Workaround?

https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/662003dd1e55f857edc3aabe

I’m building an assessment template and I’m trying to set it up so that the teacher who uses it has to edit as little CL as possible. There is a “setup” component on the 1st slide.

The issue is that sometimes the teacher will have more questions/slides and sometimes they will have less. This cause certain CL errors to appear.

On the last slide I am able overcome these errors to get the value I want in the graph but I am unable to pull that number into CL. Please help! Thank you : )

Maybe someone else can see I way, but I don’t think you can overcome having references to undefined components. I think the easiest way is to show the teacher how to delete the relevant lines from the CL. That shouldn’t be too hard? They just need to delete a chunk of lines from the last slide.

Since your c’s are binary, if you change your definition of C, this will ignore all your undefined sinks:

The errors will still show, but aren’t relevant to it functioning.

1 Like

Sadly no luck with that workaround. In my mind that should work (as should me original method) but the activity still doesn’t want to recognize that number.

I swore it worked when I tried it! Must’ve left the components in or something. I also tried firstDefinedValue(c4, 0), but no luck there either. The lack of component totally breaks it.

1 Like

Yeah it’s super weird. Especially since the number appears in the graph!