Cropped background of image (png)

Hello!

I have am having issues regarding adding an image into Activity Builder.

My students wanted to see Steph Curry in a slide when they got a certain amount of correct responses. So I captured an image and cropped out the background. But there is a BLACK background.

The weird thing is, the graphing calculator does not do this. It preserves the cropped out background. Is this a bug in activity builder? Or intentional?

Any help would be great!

I’ve seen this happen when importing transparent background images in various different applications. I don’t think it’s a desmos thing, but rather related to the tool/method you used to crop it and the file format you saved it in - also may depend on the format of the original file. One thing I’ve done when I had an image that I just couldn’t get rid of the black from is to open the image, take a screen shot of it, and then edit that screenshot file.

Strange. I used the same “upload image” option for the activity builder graph and the regular graphing calculator. They are the exact same file from my computer.

My work around was to go to Desmos Calculator and add my .png into a new graph. Then, I saved it. Then, I copied the URL and pasted it into a folder I created in the graph in my Desmos Activity. It was successful. But, that is a painful workaround. Good luck.