Self Checking Assessment Changing Points

I have created an assessment on desmos that is self grading and also gives partial credit for certain answers. For one of the questions, it is an open ended question which requires the teacher to go back to check the question and then input the score into the table at the end of the test. I have figured out how to make that column editable to be able to do this since there were no points assigned to the slide. However, I was wondering if there was a way to make the table editable for the section where points are already calculated. Say a student wrote X rather than x the question is counting it as incorrect and I can not find a way to count it as correct after the fact and to assign credit back to that question in the table.

I am attaching the link to the desmos I am referring to.

Are you talking about editing the table in the dashboard? If you just need to calculate and collect the score, the editable cell works, but just know that edits through the dashboard don’t persist. It’ll be blank if you exit and come back to it.

(Edit: Scratch the below. @Sian_Sleight has a good solution below)
As for editable cells, if you define content based on some definition, you cannot manually edit since you’d be causing a coding conflict. You may just want a third column to add points as you see fit.

If I understand what you’re asking, you can just change the script on the last slide in points_table1 from cellContent to initialCellContent. Then you can still make changes to it after it has tallied the points.

2 Likes