Student Dashboard Summary

Sorry if this has been covered already but I’m just learning how to edit the scripts in desmos and what I’m trying to do is change the Dashboard summary from a dot to a check mark once they have it correct. Any insight to how this can work would be greatly appreciated.

I already have where it can check to see if the students points are in the correct location but if there is an better way than what I have done please let me know.

Here is the link to the activity that I made

Easy. In the script for whichever component is being graded use

correct: condition for being correct

And make sure to mark any other components (except notes and sketch inputs)

readOnly:true

So for one of my screens I put this in…

correct: (x1=-4) and (x2=-1) and (x3=-3) and (y1=3) and (y2=4) and (y3=-1)

and it will show the x if it is wrong but won’t show the check. Am I doing something wrong?

have you marked everything else as read only?

I did that for the graph and it does the check mark thank you.

I had the same question and was happy to find the answer here.
Thanks! : )

2 Likes

I am struggling on slide 5 to get a check mark rather than a dot on the student summary. I know it must be something simple-- but so am I :slight_smile:

Here is the lesson

On slide 5, the student is prompted to explain their reasoning. Anytime the student is asked to explain, it will either show a dot or an X, depending on the type of question and whether or not their initial response was correct.

1 Like

I am having a similar problem. Kids are getting the right feedback but I’m still seeing Xs even though I should be seeing checks. I’m new to all of this and appreciate your help.

Looks like a simple fix. I think you just had the formatting of your countNumberUsage incorrect. It should look like this:

countNumberUsage(f.latex, 0) = zerocount and countNumberUsage(f.latex, 1) = onecount and countNumberUsage(f.latex, 2)=twocount and countNumberUsage(f.latex, 6)=six4count

When I entered that, I was able to get a check mark on the dashboard and the correct feedback.

I did it!!! Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your time and help so much!!! :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like