Can anybody Help with this activity

Your equation is incorrect. Should be 11x+16x+14x+15=0

thank you

Regarding the other slides. You can duplicate the graph, but change a_x and b_x in the graph CL. In the vectors folder of the graph, lists V_AB and V_AC are the vectors. List n is the normal vector.

If you share example answers for the vectors, I could work out how to check for correctness by creating a few more functions in the CL and graph.

Hello Daniel,

can you please help me with slide 10, I did what I could (your explanation is good, but I do not know how to utilize it)?
Thank you

https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/600c424a718797407e17e7e8

I’ll need to know what and how you expect answers in order to help you.

students need to use the scalar equation from slide#8 which is transferred into slide 10 (top left corner) to calculate the points D and E.

In order to calculate those two points, they must use:

for x value- calculate the half of the depth of the shoebox (transferred slide 4)
y value is 0 for point D; y value is the width of a shoebox for point F (transferred from slide 4)

substitute x and y values into scalar equations to find the value z for both points.

The next step is to check those points in the equation editor (string)

Once they have those two points D and E they need to calculate the vector Equation between those two points.

I don’t need to know how they’re calculated. I need example answers. Notation and such. Again I’m pretty sure I’ve got calculations handled, but I don’t know what you what your answers to look like.

slide #10

In the last image, the scalar equation in your handwritten note does not match the one written in the header of the table or highlighted at the top (which is what I based my calculations on). I have to throw in the towel for the rest. It’s taking a lot of time to learn the math AND code it. Sorry.

thank you so much for helping me. I have no brains for coding.
I really appreciate your help.

Good Morning Daniel,

I just wanted to follow up with you to see if we can continue with slides where we left off since this unit very soon is coming to an end. I would really like to use this activity.

Thank you

From your picture, there’s no way to accurately grade the vector equation. At best, you could make sure that they used the right numbers using countNumberUsage, but this would get extremely complicated trying to account for any duplicate numbers. There may be a way to do it efficiently, but for a similar (but much simpler) context I couldn’t figure it out. Similar issue with the inputs for slide 10.

I think I found the error regarding the positive vs. negative D. Standard scalar equation is Ax+By+Cz=D (or Ax+By+Cy-D=0). I had calculated D correctly in the graph, but what you’re calling D should be -D (or change the standard scalar equation). So I had an error with my scalar equation in the graph (in the Equation folder). Should’ve been -d not +d. So the checking of the equation should work now, but again your scalar equation set to 0 is an error.

I put a lot of notes in the graph and CL, and was hoping you’d read them, and would’ve caught my error in the graph.

Here’s the updated:

https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/604664ae3202023ec68f13f8

Pic1: Sorry, I was editing the graph in slide 10 and forgot to copy it over to slide 8.

Pic2: D_x is calculated from the dimensions in table4, as is E_y, so not sure why there’s an error on slide 10.

it’s not working again

Okay, think I found it. I forgot the CL to import the dimensions into the graph. Try my previous link again.

Do you want “Your Response” to be carried over from prior work? Or are they reentering themselves?

to be carried please