Correctness for dashboard not showing

Hi - I am trying to show a tick or cross on the dashboard based on the correlation value in a graphing component. When I preview the slide in design view it seems to work but when I run it as a trial session the tick or cross fades out on the dashboard really quickly to be replaced by a dot!

PMCC activity slide

Does anyone know why?

Many thanks!

Natalie

I changed the graph name in the CL to “this” and it seems to work okay. You can always use “this” if you are in the component that is being referred to.

Thank you! I had assumed this would be less robust than using the name but that is great :grinning:

It actually causes less problems because if you copy a slide, it’s always referencing the current one (although duplicate names kind of got fixed anyway). I’m guessing it probably processes faster as well, since it doesn’t need to search through any component names.

1 Like

Hiya - thanks for this! The tick is working perfectly - but I no longer have a cross for an incorrect answer? Just a tick for a correct or a dot? I think I haven’t understood which element on the page it is struggling to check for correctness?

Many thanks!

Natalie

Do you have a new link? There’s no graph CL in the previous one.

Not Natalie’s, but a problem with correctness:

Students did this today. One student in the dashboard showed up with a checkmark. No others did, though they met the condition. One student even has a presscount of 11, no checkmark.

The correct tag is in the yEquals math input, near the bottom. I’m pretty sure I’ve marked every other component readOnly.

1 Like

Hi - sorry I had made changes to share with someone else but took the correctness out as it wasn’t working properly! Here is the full version:

Thanks!

Natalie

It looks like this might be the same issue as the other problem you had with the warning message. If the student is interacting with the screen and is still not correct, Desmos must default to a dot. When they move from the screen, then the correctness check kicks in. I added a second screen and it worked.

I’m wondering if this is possibly the same thing that @Aethir is experiencing. Something I’ve done with screens where students attempt multiple problems is to put a hidden graph that shows the number of problems correct in the dashboard. The dashboard doesn’t show point labels, so you either need to get creative with graphs/polygons or use images. I have some examples of both that I’ve used. This one will count up using images. Here’s an example that includes the library that can be easily imported. It uses polygons as a seven segment display to count up. I think the latter was created by @FRIEDRICH_KNAUSS.

1 Like