Depreciated feature

Something’s not working the way it seems like it should.

When I … tried to copy a screen

I saw … that it wouldn’t permit it and the lesson is labeled as having a “depreciated feature”

But I expected … to be able to copy a specific screen. (What is the depreciated feature in this activity? Copy previous? I’d really like to be able to use the 3 Snowman screens at the end of this activity.

Here’s the link to the page, dashboard, or activity:

And here are some screenshots or a video:
depreciated feature

Hopefully the author is contacted when someone tries unsuccessfully to copy deprecated material, giving them a chance to make changes.

It might be better to allow activities/screens with deprecated material to be copied but stop the resulting activities being published unless modified as necessary?

I contacted Kurt regarding this activity last year. I think he gave me a copy which I reworked to this version. Feel free to borrow and give this a makeover. Ice Climber Coordinate Plane Graphing • Activity Builder by Desmos

Thanks for sharing that.
Unfortunately though, the final three Challenge screens "Snowman Destroying " weren’t on that one.
Do you happen to have those?

I looked back to when I contacted Kurt about this activity and those screens were the ones causing the copying error, so I don’t have access to them. You could probably recreate it using these sprites.

Thanks for the sprites (it makes me thirsty thought)
But, I’ll have to put this on a later list to recreate. I was hoping to just copy and paste the screen.
I do love that it originates from the origin!
Any other takers out there to recreate this awesome coordinate practice?
(It’d be great to keep track of a top score too…)

I do wonder what about the original screen is causing it to be “depreciated”…

@Kurt_Salisbury
Hey Kurt… Any chance you could help get the Snowmen challenge at the end of the Ice Climber lesson to be able to copied?