Order of elements in a list created from aggregate

I’m thinking of using Desmos to create a distance-learning multi-player game, for example, “Chutes and Ladders” but with math involved. Everyone needs to have a view of the same game board and the ability to see where everyone else’s game pieces are. For example, I need to see that I’m on Space 11, and Jay is on Space 15, and Eli is on Space 17. Aggregate will let me show where everyone else is. But is there a way to know which person is on space 15 and which person is on space 17?

This would be possible if aggregate always makes its numberlist in the same order, for example, {my value, Jay’s value, Eli’s value}. Does it always happen like that? If so, then I could use aggregate[2] for Jay’s and aggregate[3] for Eli’s.

I didn’t see a reply to this question? …so I’ll maybe ask it again in case there has been a change since it was posed. If aggregate is used on two different data values, is there any relationship between the elements of the resulting numberLists?

Yes, all aggregate lists will have the same order of students. The only workaround for specific students would be to make a multiple choice or something where students select their name, have a variable to collect the number of the choice they made. You can’t force the order, but you can potentially figure it out.

1 Like

Thanks @Daniel_Grubbs. I don’t need names but I do need to match the data elements so glad to hear your response.

1 Like